Welcome to the Leadership & Management Division’s Discussion List. The purpose of the discussion list is to provide a forum for exploring new frontiers in special library and information management. The division focuses its activities on:
- Modeling for leadership
- Experimenting with new methods and techniques of management
- Helping members to develop their leadership and management skills
- Providing networking and communication opportunities for its members
- Offering a vision for the future of information services and products
- Understanding the information industry and information economy
- Learning to handle and be comfortable with risk
- Subscribe to a list via the Web
- Send a message to the Subscription Address (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the following format:
Leave Subject line blank*.*
Subscribe SLA-DLMD your-e-mail_address “FirstName LastName”
(e.g. Subscribe SLA-DLMD@xyz.com ”John Doe”)
How to Post to One of Your Lists:
- Send an e-mail message to: email@example.com
How to Reply to a List Message:
- Select the reply button in your e-mail browser, type in your message, and hit the send button. NOTE: The message will only go to author of the message.
- If you would like the reply to go to the entire list: Select the reply button in your e-mail browser; enter the list e-mail address in the ‘To’ field (i.e. Lslafirstname.lastname@example.org); type in your message; and hit the send button.
- If in doubt … double-check the TO box
How to sign in to read messages from your lists over the web:
- Go to http://sla.lyris.net/read/
- Enter your e-mail address you use for your list(s), click ‘OK’ If you are a list administrator you will be prompted to enter a password)
- Once logged in, click the button ‘My Forums’ in the left nav bar
- Select the SLA list you would read. That’s it!
- Discussion list should be used for legitimate business purposes of the Library management Division of the Special Libraries Association.
* Copyrighted materials should not be posted on the discussion list without the permission of the copyright holder(s).
- Don’t flame (i.e., criticize another member of the list) on the discussion list. You should not send or respond to a “flaming” message.
* Refrain from sending large files to the discussion list. Large files consume system resources and may cause your message to be undeliverable.
Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in removal from the list.*
The Library Management Division’s Discussion List, SLA-DLMD@lists.sla.org, is provided by SLA as a service to its members. SLA assumes no responsibility for the statements and opinions discussed on this list. Please save this message for future reference, especially if this is the first time you subscribed to an electronic mailing list. Instructions are listed below for sending a message or unsubscribing from this discussion list.